* Promotion: Tariff discount applicable for specified period only. At the end of the promotional period, tariffs will revert to standard pricing as detail below. Offer available to new customers only, for packages including both Phone and Broadband products.
** Proof of equivalent like for like business package needs to be supplied in writing and dated within no less than 30 days of claim. Excludes any limited promotional tariffs within current contract, and customer must be eligible to move from existing supplier contract. Please note we'll happily match the standard price of a product, not delivery charges or other services. Cannot be used in association with any other XLN offer. Excludes existing customers.
∞ Savings value based on 24 month term. Connection fees, and online security cost included (where applicable). Prices as per provider websites, excluding competitor promotions and correct at 31/03/2016. See legal section for full terms and conditions.
Phone: Comparison against online price of TalkTalk line rental and standard call charges/TalkTalk line rental with Anytime call package, BT Phone line and standard daytime rates/BT Phone line with Unlimited UK call package.
Broadband: Comparison against online price of BT Broadband/BT Broadband Unlimited.
Phone & Broadband: Comparison against online price of TalkTalk Simply/TalkTalk Complete, BT Broadband Unlimited & line rental with Unlimited UK call package (where applicable).
Phone & Fibre: Comparison against online price of TalkTalk Simply with Fibre/TalkTalk Complete with Fibre, BT Infinity Unlimited & line rental with Unlimited UK call package (where applicable).
Connection fees, and online security cost included (where applicable). Prices as per provider websites, excluding competitor promotions and correct at 31/03/2016. See legal section for full terms and conditions.
† Inclusive Mobile calls apply to T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange, Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three only.
∂ When you opt in to our highest care level.
§ Free wireless router. £9.99 charge for tracked delivery, configuration and packaging.
Ω The speed achieved is subject to the quality of your line, the distance between your property and the exchange and the ability of your local exchange to provide this connection speed. Excludes comparison with lines using fibre optic technology.
+ Service Charge 1, 2 and 3.
◊ Calls savings calculated against BT Business Local and National ppm rate without a call plan.
✦ Connection charges may apply.
~ RRP £1.99/month for 1st 12 months
We are able to offer low prices at most exchanges, however this is dependent on the type of broadband connection available within your exchange and the compatibility of your telephone line, therefore a £3 surcharge may be applicable.
Prices shown exclude VAT. Call prices shown are charged per minute. Full XLN terms & conditions apply. Errors and omissions exempt.
Our Business Phone service
We offer two Business Phone line packages: Basix and Max. All are tailored to your business needs, and priced accordingly. Our Business Phone service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Installation or takeover and line rental of one or more fixed telephone lines.
- A call price plan of your choice that enables you to make discounted telephone calls.
- One phone number for each fixed business telephone line that you rent from us.
- Any other fixed line phone services that we agree to provide you with.
Our Business Broadband service
To deliver our Business Broadband service, we provide you with fixed line high speed access to the internet in the UK, along with a range of extras such as computer security or backup services, as outlined in your confirmation letter.
XLN Business Broadband gives you speeds of up to 17Mbps. The actual broadband speed you receive may vary. This is dependent on a number of things, such as:
- How far your premises are from your local telephone exchange. Shorter phone lines can support higher speeds, but the longer your line is, the lower your speeds will be.
- If your phone line is damaged or there's a poor connection between cables.
We'll always try to connect you to the fastest speed possible, so even if your telephone line can't support the full 17Mbps, you'll still get the best speed we can provide you with.
To find out what broadband speed you can expect to receive, use our free online broadband speed checker. The speed estimates given by our broadband checker show you the speeds that you should receive in ideal conditions.
Fibre broadband speed
XLN Fibre broadband gives you speeds of up to 38Mbps – or 76Mbps if you choose to upgrade to our fastest business Fibre. Like our standard Business Broadband and Business Phone line, XLN Fibre comes in two packages that are tailored to your business requirements and budget: Basix and Max.
All our Fibre packages offer you the same superfast broadband speed, but the actual speed you receive might vary. As with standard broadband, the speed you receive with Fibre broadband is determined by things like:
- How far your address is from your green cabinet. Fibre optic cabling runs from your telephone exchange to your nearest green cabinet (the green boxes you see on the street). Your business address is connected to the green cabinet by a standard copper phone line, and the shorter this phone line is, the faster your broadband will be.
- The condition of your telephone line. If it's damaged, corroded, or there are poor connections between cables then you won't be able to receive the fastest broadband speed.
When our services start
When you sign up to XLN Business Broadband, phone line or Fibre, you'll receive a welcome pack containing your contract and your activation date. This is the date that your service will be switched on. Activation can take place at any time on that day, including up until midnight.
If you're switching to XLN from another broadband or telephone provider, we can usually do this directly if you don't need a new line. Telephone line transfers typically take around ten working days, but the time that it takes to port numbers from other networks varies and often takes longer, and in some cases may not be possible at all. In this instance, if you agree, we will give you a new number (or numbers).
If you need a new line installed, we'll arrange for an engineer to visit your premises and carry out line installation for you. There is an additional charge for this service.
Using our Business Broadband services
To use our Business Broadband services, you'll need a telephone line on the BT OpenreachTM network. When you decide to join or switch to XLN from another provider, we will notify your provider that we are taking over the supply of your service, but it's up to you to let your current broadband or phone provider know that you want to cancel their service.
If you've bought a computer security service (XLN Secure) from us, you'll have to uninstall any other computer security service from your computer.
You'll receive a free XLN wireless router when you sign up to our Business Broadband, which is pre-configured and ready to go straight out of the box. Routers purchased directly from XLN will receive full technical support when necessary within the warranty period. If you have a modem or router that you've purchased from another source then XLN is not responsible for technical support in this instance.
If you sign up to a Business Broadband plan that has a limited broadband allowance, this allowance will expire at the end of every calendar month and any unused allowance can't be carried over to the next month. We'll notify you when you reach 80% of your broadband usage, and again when you hit 100%. If you exceed this allowance then we reserve the right to charge you extra.
Business broadband and phone pricing
XLN Business Broadband & Phone
- Basix: £6.50 per month, plus £16.95 line rental.
- Max: £16.50 per month, plus £16.95 line rental.
XLN Business Broadband
- Basix: £9.95 per month
- Max: £14.95 per month
XLN Business Fibre Broadband
- Basix: £35.45 (£18.50 per month + £16.95 line rental)
- Max: £45.45 (£28.50 + £16.95 line rental)
With all of our Business Fibre packages, you can upgrade from the standard 38Mbps speed to superfast 76Mbps for just £5 more.
XLN Business Phone & Calls
- Basix: £16.65 per month
- Max: £6.50 per month plus £16.95 line rental
Business broadband packages
We offer two Business Broadband packages to choose from, each with a variety of extras to help your business.
- Basix Business Broadband: 20GB broadband usage, free setup and wireless router, multiple email addresses.
- Max Business Broadband: Unlimited broadband usage, online security and backup, free installation and wireless router, multiple email addresses.
XLN care levels
As well as Business Broadband and phone packages, we also offer additional care packages to help resolve any faults with your phone line as quickly as possible.
We offer four varying levels of care:
- Level 1: Free; fault repaired within three working days
- Level 2: £1.20 per month per line; fault repaired within 48 hours
- Level 3: £3.95 per month per line; fault repaired within 24 hours
- Level 4: £5.49 per month per line; fault repaired within 6 hours
If your business is largely phone or internet-based, we highly recommend that you take out one of our enhanced care level packages to guarantee that any faults are repaired quickly and you can get back to business.
Prices shown exclude VAT. Call prices shown are charged per minute. Full XLN terms & conditions apply. Errors & omissions